Ease of Use
Style and Design

HIDDEN FEES, DON'T BUY HERE - I was supposed to get duty-free shipping to canada and had to pay $200 of duty fees, Adorama are liars and refuse to refund me. I asked to cancel my order but they took my money and refused to cancel.

Adorama is a scam, STAY AWAY. Here is a text copied from their website full of lies where they say canada shipping is duty free... Adorama: "Adorama offers Hassle free shipping to Canada. By using our service and prepaying all Canadian VAT and duties we are able to expedite your order through customs.

The final price you pay at checkout will include all cross border brokerage fees and taxes. You will not be responsible for any additional charges."

Review about: Adorama Camera Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Adorama misleading info and hidden fees.

Comments

HelenOster

Dear Jonathan Ungav

We will NOT be 'refunding' you anything. The Canadian government charged you import duties, not Adorama Camera.

Our website is crystal clear:

"adorama.com/help/Interna…

International tax and duty: International shipments are subject to import fees, duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches their country, in addition to the brokerage fees/custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier.

These charges must be borne by the recipient. Adorama has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they might be.

"Adorama offers Hassle free shipping to Canada. By using our service and prepaying all Canadian VAT and duties we are able to expedite your order through customs. The final price you pay at checkout will include all cross border brokerage fees and taxes......Not all products on our site allow you to choose this option.

If the product you purchase doesn't offer this prepaid option you will be responsible for all customs fees and import taxes" As you have stated yourself: "I sent a screenshot to Adorama of their website saying Adorama ships to Canada without any duty or fees....... it just said "Taxes: $0.00" during checkout, so i assumed there would be no taxes" Interesting how your screenshot posted here FAILS to include part of the text, ie: NOT ALL PRODUCTS ON OUR SITE ALLOW YOU TO CHOOSE THIS OPTION. IF THE PRODUCT YOU PURCHASE DOESN'T OFFER THIS PREPAID OPTION YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CUSTOMS FEES AND IMPORT TAXES It said: "Taxes: $0.00" during checkout", because Adorama did not collect taxes on behalf of the Canadian Government. Not because the Canadian Government had very kindly informed us that Jonathan Ungov does not have to pay import taxes.

I have noted your multiple libellous postings across numerous consumer feedback sites......We do NOT respect or respond to blackmail and attempts to extort.

The error was 100% of your own making. Helen Oster Adorama Camera

to HelenOster #1511997

"The error was 100% of your own making."LOL, this is why Adorama sucks.